It’s normal to feel down from time to time. Life can be demanding and stressful, and it’s okay to not be okay occasionally. However, if you find yourself feeling low more often than you’d like, it might be time to take action. Luckily, there are some simple things you can do to try and boost your mood.
1. Get moving – Exercise releases endorphins, which have mood-boosting effects. A moderate amount of exercise is the key here – too much exercise can actually have negative effects on your mood. So aim for 30 minutes of moderate exercise a day, whether that’s a brisk walk, run, or session at the gym.
2. Spend time outside – According to one study, just 20 minutes spent outside in good weather can significantly improve energy levels and mood. So next time you’re feeling down, try to step outside for a little bit and breathe in some fresh air.
3. Connect with loved ones – Human connection is crucial for our mental well-being. If you’re feeling lonely or isolated, reach out to friends and family members and schedule some quality time together. You could also try joining a club or group that aligns with your interests.
4. Help someone else – Doing something nice for someone else can help boost your own mood. Volunteering your time or donating to a cause you care about are both great ways to make a difference in someone else’s life – and yours too!
5. Get enough sleep – Lack of sleep can seriously affect our mood and how we function day-to-day. Most adults need around 7-9 hours of sleep per night, so make sure you’re getting enough rest each night.
6. Eat healthy foods – What we eat has a direct impact on how we feel. Nourish your body with nutrient-rich whole foods like fruits, vegetables, lean protein sources, and healthy fats instead of processed foods full of sugar and empty calories.
7. Practice relaxation techniques – Taking some time out for yourself each day can do wonders for your mood. Practicing relaxation techniques like mindfulness meditation or deep breathing exercises can help promote feelings of calm and peace.
8. Light up CBD Candles – CBD Candles are designed to create an inviting ambiance and smell great. But they also contain therapeutic benefits that can improve your mood and well-being.
These are just seven simple things you can do to try and improve your mood when you’re feeling down. You don’t have to implement all of them at once – just pick one or two that resonate with you and give them a go the next time you’re in need of a mood boost.